2905 Toccoa Street
Beaumont, TX 77703
(409) 838-0167 – Fax
H. Scott Alexander joined the firm as a partner in 2013. Scott was previously a partner in the Beaumont office of Strong Pipkin Bissell & Ledyard, LLP where he practiced since 2001. Scott began his law practice in Beaumont with a local defense firm in 1995.
Scott focuses on trial and appellate litigation, representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex business, construction, oil & gas, commercial, insurance, trucking, and personal injury matters
• The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1990
• Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 1995
• Panel counsel in Southeast Texas for several major companies in trucking accident claims.
• Represented individuals and companies in numerous automobile accidents.
• Represented major companies in toxic tort cases arising from exposure to products containing asbestos,
benzene, vinyl chloride, silica and other chemical components.
• Panel counsel in Southeast Texas for major insurance companies on insurance defense claims and first
party bad faith claims, including hurricane litigation claims.
• Counsel for contractors and owners in construction defect claims.
• Represented owners and contractors in premises liability claims.
• Represented municipalities and peace officers in 42 U.S.C. §1983 civil rights claims.
• Represented clients in civil and administrative actions brought under the Texas Dram Shop Act.
• Wrote and argued cases for clients in civil appeals before the Texas appellate courts (Sixth, Seventh, Ninth,
Eleventh and Thirteenth Courts of Appeals), the Texas Supreme, and the Federal Fifth Circuit.
• Texas – 1995
• U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
• U.S. Court of Appeals – Fifth Circuit
• Jefferson County Bar Association
• State Bar of Texas
• Martindale Hubbell, BV Rated
• “Texas Rising Star” (2006), a Thompson Reuters service
• Boy Scouts of America – Eagle Scout 1985
• Boy Scouts of America – Cub Scout Den Leader 2007 to 2012
• Boy Scouts of America – Boy Scouts Assistant Scout Master 2012 to present
• Boy Scouts of America – District Chairman, Three Rivers Council, Spindletop District
• Tarver v. County of Jasper, 927 S.W.2d 795 (Tex.App.—Beaumont 1996, no writ)(wrote brief)
(Texas Tort Claims Act case)
• Loville v. Loville, 944 S.W.2d 818 (Tex.App.—Beaumont 1997, writ denied)(wrote brief)
(Real property litigation)
• Hall v. Timmons, 987 S.W.2d 248 (Tex.App.—Beaumont 1999, n.w.h.)(wrote and argued brief)
• Jasper County v. Whitton, No. 09-99-019 CV, 1999 WL 193889 (Tex.App.—Beaumont, April 8, 1999, no pet.)
(wrote brief/decided by submission)(Texas Tort Claims Act)
• Willy Ray Wilson v. Dana Piper, et al, 218 F.3d 743 (5th Cir.2000)
(wrote brief/ decided by submission(42 USC §1983 Civil rights case)
• Thompson v. National American Insurance Company, No. 09-00-275-CV, 2001 WL 52193
(Tex.App.—Texarkana, May 17, 2001)(wrote and argued brief)(Commercial litigation)
• Powerhouse Services, Inc. v. Bechtel Corporation, 108 S.W.3d 322
(Tex.App.—Amarillo 2003, pet.denied)(wrote brief and argued brief)(Contract indemnity case)
• Dunn v. Bank-Tec South, 134 S.W.3d 315 (Tex.App.—Amarillo, October 28, 2003, no pet.)
(wrote and argued brief)(Personal injury case)
• Elmore v. E. Sullivan Advertising & Design, Inc., 2008 WL 4349919 (Tex.App.-Eastland 2008, pet.denied)
(wrote and argued brief brief)(Wrongful death/Employer vicarious liability case)
• In re eBay, Inc., 2010 WL 2695803 (Tex.App.—Beaumont, July 8, 2010, no pet.)
(wrote brief/decided by submission)(Enforcement of forum selection clause in online click agreement)